We’re open as of Monday, June 1, 2020.
We’re doing our best to serve the community while keeping within Gov. Abbott’s guidelines and the Rockwall County Commissioners Court’s recommendations. We apologize for the inconvenience these temporary measures may cause.
During your visit, please remember the following:
- Masks/face coverings are REQUIRED, per Governor Abbott’s recent orders.
- Soft chairs & sofas have been moved because of sanitation issues.
- Please maintain at least 6 ft distance from staff & other patrons.
- Patrons may use the open upstairs tables & chairs for study.
- Some public computers, including the scanner, are available for use upstairs.
- Study rooms, conference rooms, & the newspaper/magazine room are unavailable.
Visit the library’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources for Littles and Their Grown-ups for ideas on how to talk to your kids about the pandemic and where to find the latest updates on the virus.
Materials & Fines
The drive-thru book drop will remain open the first two weeks as we evaluate services and staffing. Fines accrued prior to the library’s closing on March 13, 2020 are still on your account; nothing accrued additionally between then and June 1, 2020. Fines will begin to accrue again now that we are reopen.
ALL programs and events at the library are CANCELED, such as storytimes, club meetings, programs, computer classes, public meetings, study room use, etc.