Check out GCFLearnFree.org for tutorials in Microsoft Office, math, reading, technology, and resume help! Most of the information shared in the classes is found on this website.
Learn new skills or refresh workplace skills by taking one of these Microsoft classes. Classes are FREE and are offered Tuesday and Thursday evenings or Saturdays. Register for these short courses by stopping by the upstairs reference desk or calling (972) 204-7771.
Spring 2019 Classes
- Basic Word – Tuesday, January 15 & Thursday, January 17 @ 6:30-8 PM
- Basic Excel – Tuesday, January 22 & Thursday, January 24 @ 6:30-8 PM
- Basic Word – Saturday, February 16 @ 10:30 AM-12 PM & 1-2:30 PM
- Making Your Resume Speak Louder! – Tuesday, March 12 & Thursday, March 14 @ 6:30-8 PM
- Intermediate Word – Saturday, March 16 @ 10:30 AM-12 PM & 1-2:30 PM
- Intermediate Excel – Tuesday, March 19 & Thursday, March 21 @ 6:30-8 PM
- Intermediate Excel – Saturday, April 13 @ 10:30 AM-12 PM & 1-2:30 PM
- Excel Formulas – Saturday, April 27 @ 10:30 AM-12 PM & 1-2:30 PM
- Effective Interviewing Skills – Tuesday, May 7 & Thursday, 9 @ 6:30-8 PM
- PowerPoint – Saturday, May 11 @ 10:30 AM-12 PM & 1-2:30 PM
Learn how to create, open, save, and pin documents. Learn text basics such as how to format text, use page layout and generate lists. Practice creating headers and footers, creating tables, and using mail merge.
Learn cell basics such as how to copy and paste cell content, use the fill handle and format cells. Learn worksheet basics e.g. how to rename, insert copy and group worksheets. Practice creating basic formulas, charts, and sorting.