Rockwall County maintains social media programs for the purpose of engaging and interacting with our community, providing relevant and timely community news, information, and events.
Rockwall County social media accounts are intended to be “family‐friendly.” When applicable, the staff uses platform‐provided content moderation/filtering options to limit foul or obscene content.
Rockwall County Social Media accounts will only “Friend”, “Like”, or “Follow” other official government accounts, or other accounts Rockwall County offices deem as necessary to effectively carry out the missions of Rockwall County local government.
A comment posted by a member of the public on any Rockwall County social media account is the opinion of the commentator or poster only. Publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by Rockwall County, nor do such comments necessarily reflect our opinions or policies.
All comments posted to any official Rockwall County social media site are bound by each site’s Community Standards. Rockwall County actively monitors its social media account and will remove inappropriate content as defined below, without prior notice, and as soon as possible. The County reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the social media site
Rockwall County reserves the right to remove comments that are offensive or profane in nature. User comments will be removed (when possible) when the content:
1. Is off‐subject or out of context
2. Is a personal attack
3. Is threatening, defamatory, harassing, or discriminatory
4. Contains obscenity, profanity, or material that appeals to the prurient interest
5. Contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
6. Violates the right to privacy
7. Contains offensive terms that target protected classes
8. Promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, or national origin
9. Displays or describes conduct in violation of any federal, state, or local law or encouragement of illegal activity
10. May reasonably interfere with, inhibit, or compromise law enforcement investigations, tactics, responses to incidents and/or the safety of County staff
11. Contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety
12. Incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
13. Violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party
14. Advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual
This is not an all‐inclusive list. Comments found violating this policy will be hidden. Staff further reserves the right to temporarily ban access to the Rockwall County social media accounts for repeated postings that contain off‐topic, offensive, or profane remarks and to permanently ban access if such comments continue when access is reinstated. If a user wishes to contest the removal or hiding of their content or their denial of access (“banned”) from Rockwall County social media accounts, the user may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rockwall County social media sites are subject to applicable public records laws. Any content maintained in a social media format related to Rockwall County business, including communication posted by Staff and communication received from citizens, maybe a public record.