Printable (PDF) versions of the Children’s SRC Schedule:
The Rockwall County Library annually sponsors a theme-based summer reading programs for babies, children, teens, and adults to encourage learning & reading. This year’s theme is A Universe of Stories!
The Children’s Summer Reading Club is open to children ages 2 to 12 years. Each family must have a library card to register.
The Reading Club
The club is for all children ages 2-12 whether not reading, learning to read, or already reading. Children or parents track time spent on reading activities with a time log given out at registration. Any time spent reading or being read to counts! Time spent listening to audio books also counts.
Children set their own reading pace and goals. For every 15 minutes the child reads or is read to, the child receives one ticket. Children may then use their tickets to choose prizes at the Summer Reading Club Store.
Children keep track of the minutes read on a time log given out at registration. Children color or check off one star shape for every 15 minutes of reading. When children bring their time logs back to the library, they receive one ticket for every star colored or checked off.
SAVE THESE DATES
- Saturday, July 20, 2019—Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing at a family event with video footage, activities, and refreshments. Details available in early July.
- Tuesday, August 6, 2019—Join Ms. Doreen to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar with stories and activities. Details available in early July.
Summer Storytimes will run concurrently with the SRC weekly programs from June 10-July 26, 2019. For more details, please visit the schedule.
Weekly Programs June 10 – July 26, 2019
Mondays at 2:00 PM
Full-length movies for children and their adults.
- June 10 – The Incredibles 2 (PG, 118 minutes)
- June 17 – Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (PG, 107 minutes)
- June 24 – Ralph Breaks the Internet (PG, 111 minutes)
- July 1 – Smallfoot (PG, 96 minutes)
- July 8 – How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (PG, 104 minutes)
- July 15 – Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (PG, 97 minutes)
- July 22 – Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (PG, 117 minutes)
Family Storytime in Spanish
Tuesdays at 7:00 PM
Storytimes in Spanish for the whole family. Spanish-speaking and English-speaking families are welcome!
Thursdays – 2 Performances (same program)
at 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM
Storytelling, music, animals, and more for good listeners kindergarten and up!
- June 13 – Ventriloquist Nancy Burkes Worcester is back (with all her puppet friends!) for more fun and laughs at the Rockwall County Library. Join us as we share music, stories, puppets, and a ton of fun for children & adults.
- June 20 – The Que Pastas are an Austin-based duo who bring quirky and original music to provide a fun and interactive show for the whole family. Join them for their Rockwall County Library debut.
- June 27 – Join us for magical experience with magician Marty Westerman. This comedy magic show is a high-energy, interactive program that offers original and amazing tricks and audience participation.
- July 11 – “Escape from Couch Potato Land!” with the Pipdillys is a fantastical musical comedy filled with original songs, circus skills, and magic. Laugh, learn, sing, and dance yourself silly with the Pipdillys!
- July 18 – This safari guide program with Critterman’s animal ambassadors includes a lively presentation, audience participations, and hands-on opportunities to create a positively wild experience!
- July 25 – The Wild and Wacky Science Show with Professor Brainius gives students a chance to see science in action as the professor conducts several exciting experiments using music and technology.